On Facebook, once you’ve befriended someone, they can usually see all of your friends by default. How exactly it works to be able to hide individual friends on Facebook is shown in this article. This isn’t very helpful if you want someone to be friends with but don’t want that friend to know about another friend you may have. You may be friends with two people who were together but are now separated and hate each other.
- Is there any way to prevent a friend from seeing another friend of yours?
- Well yes and no. From now on, you can only prevent one friend from seeing all of your other friends.
- There is no way to prevent a friend from seeing just one friend.
- You’ll need to hide your entire friends list from one or both friends so they can’t see each other.
- You can also configure it so that only you can see your friends list and nobody else, but that’s a bit harsh if you just want to prevent two friends from seeing each other.
- I’ll show you how to configure both options.
- So, if you need to prevent anyone from seeing who your other friends are, then here are the steps you can take to set up Facebook.
Hide friends from each other on Facebook
First, click your name above to view your profile. Now click on the little down arrow icon in the top right corner of the Friends section and click on Edit Privacy. The Friends section will appear under Photos on the left.
Note that you can also click your name, then click the Friends tab at the top, then click the little pencil icon on the far right. The only option is to edit privacy.
The Edit Privacy dialog box appears. Just click the little icon on the right and you’ll see a couple of options. If you click Just Me, you will be the only person who can see your friends list. This is a bit extreme because it means that NO ONE will be able to see who your friends are.
If you just want to prevent ONE person from seeing your entire friends list, you have to click Custom.
Under the Don’t share with section, you can enter the name of the person you’d like to hide your friends list from. If you’re trying to prevent two of your friends from seeing each other on your friends list, you must enter both names in the Don’t share with field so that neither can see your friends list.
However, as I said earlier, it means they will not be able to see EVERY of your friends which could make them a little suspicious of why you are preventing them from seeing your friends list. Hopefully Facebook will offer a feature that allows you to hide one friend from another one at a time. But as of now, this will get the job done.
Also, you should check out my previous post on how to hide your Facebook status from just one friend or certain friends.
Finally, if you want to have private conversations with smaller groups through Facebook, it is best to create a private or secret group. A secret group is nice because only members can find the group, see who is in it, and post to it. If you have any questions, please leave a comment. Have fun!
customer retention services
mecanica scientific services
women clothes sale bidvaluable
fertility clinic Houston